6.18.2015

Ghost in the machine

Apologies. This post is more of a rant. 

6.11.15

My scanner was impeccable. It was able to spot POPI with the perfect setup. Breakout from the all time high. I had positions at 1.23 and again at 1.30. With volume. Our mentors even gave us some ways on how to calculate the target price. The ones who were holding were all ready to go for the trade the next week. Then this happened. 

6.15.15
The day ended with it in the red. With volume. My system's trailing stops were hit. All was sold at 1.35. 10 cents gain for a day's hold. Not bad at all especially since it closed at 1.28 after going as low as 1.25. My scanner has now tuned it out and would check again once it was ready for a bounce. Then this happened. 

6.18.15

Now instead of being content with selling my position at 1.35 it looks like I lost 20+ cents. It looks like there will still be continuation tomorrow and it might eventually reach the target price that our mentors told us. So what happened?

This is what my makers call a 'ghost in the machine': 

When a software is made to complete a specific function, but a small percentage of the tasks to be completed have an unexpected result which cannot be explained. 

Again, my scanner was impeccable. After going through the required system diagnostics, the problem seemed to have occurred within my targeting system. It did not make the correct computations for the supports. This failure to compute did not allow my system to anticipate or see that the next candle after the fall was still green and did not go below the red candle's low. This pattern just confirmed that the uptrend was still intact. And what an uptrend it is. Along with most of my batch, we watch as POPI makes it's climb to new all time highs. Making mental calculations at the profits that could have been ours. 

This has been a harsh lesson on the power of supports, harsh but necessary. My neural network will realign itself and absorb this. 

1 comment:

  1. It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. Hummer Miner H9 Pro

    ReplyDelete