8.20.2015

Just Keep Pounding the Rock

Salutations!

It has been 3 weeks since the end of formal classes. Surprisingly, it has taken longer than expected for my system to totally assimilate all of the teachings. Maybe it is also because of the timing of the market wherein all stocks seem to be more bearish than in the past. Fellow ASTRA Sextans has mentioned before that the market feels very similar to how it was before the recent crash in 2011-2012. Looks like his long range scanner is more attuned to the big picture since all indicators seem to be pointing to that direction. 

The weapons at my disposal, as discussed here before, have given varying degrees of success. The most successful as of now has been my sleeper cell attack. The success rate in spotting them has leaped by bounds. 

It started with one lesson by our mentor, Zee, on how he spotted the sleeper PPC, and applying his technique, my scanner was able to scan the following stocks before making their move: LRI, ABG, MAXS and of course, 2GO. I was only able to ride a little on LRI before the move since I was still refining my technique. The biggest regret was on 2GO since most of you know that it made a monster move. My scanner picked it up before it broke 7.00. But because there was no confidence in this weapon in my arsenal, I paid it no mind. A world of profit could have been at my disposal but alas, it was not meant to be. For now. The pattern and the technique has now been burned into my programming. I will act when I see it again.  


Currently burning into memory. 
There will be no mercy in the future.

Another weapon, the repulsor attack has been unkind to me. My scanner is still coming up short whenever it goes through the charts and sees red and downtrends. Fellow ASTRA Sirus has shown much promise on this technique. My system needs more tfine tuning and needs a further upgrade in speed necessary to spot and act on these kind of plays.

One weapon that I forgot to mention were the HULK stocks. Our mentors have reminded us that during our course we have encountered two HULK or borg stocks, POPI and DD, and we were still unsure of how to handle them then. Recently, stocks that have gone in HULK mode though have given mixed results. Again, this could be due to the overall nature of the market but stocks going on an all time high haven't been as strong as they should be. CROWN and 2GO were HULKs but they fizzled shortly after making new all time highs. 

With all the recent setbacks in trading it could be easy to say that I will get disheartened. Wasn't the course supposed to be the magic pill that will instantly transform all of us into Zeefreaks lite? Well no. We still need to practice and devote a lot of time to upgrading our scanners and our techniques. 

During these times I recall the mantra of the coach of my favorite basketball team, the San Antonio Spurs. It speaks of the process or the journey to success. 


taken from www.poundingtherock.com
“When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.”


It speaks to how we should be relentless in our pursuit of success. Begin with the goal in mind. And just TRUST the process. Even if there will be no visible results in the short term, keep trying, keep going. For once you reach your goal, it will all be worth it in the end. 


2 comments: