8.27.2018

Beauty in simplicity: TBGI

I like to keep things simple

Whenever people ask me how I make my plans, on my buying and selling points, they would always be surprised by how simple it seems. Usually there are just one or two trigger points that I watch out for. 

You can see it in the charts I post. Minimal lines. Just one or two boxes at most. Sometimes none at all. Seeing too many lines just gives the impression of clutter and gives me a mental image of limiting a trade. Not giving it room to make it's move.

Yes, my plans are simple. But that does not necessarily mean that it is easy to implement. There is a big difference in the two. 

Take for example my recent TBGI trade. 

This entered into my personal scanner when it was making a tight range as shown in Figure 1.

Figure 1



My plan was just to buy when that yellow box breaks. So on Aug 2, I bought at around .58-.59 and had to cut when it didn't follow through at the end of the day.                  

So I adjusted my plan as shown in Figure 2. This time I moved the buying area to .60 since that was the high of Aug 2. 

Figure 2



So on Aug 3, the stock made a nice strong move again. I followed my plan and bought my shares at the .6 breakout point. All in one big tranche if I remember correctly. There was sufficient volume per fluc to accommodate a good enough size.  


Figure 3



When it closed strong but below the recent high of .66 I made a mental note to sell at .66 on the next day. That is unless it made a strong move and made a breakout above it. Happily it made a gap up move and I just switched tactics to trail stops. Keeping in mind that there was a bigger resistance at .84, I wanted to see if it had enough strength to reach and break it intraday. 

If it only made a breakout of .84, I would have added a new milestone of having a 7 digit day change in one port. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. I sold most of my shares at .78-.79. Not bad for a two day hold. 

11 comments:

  1. Bang! Grats boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. galing nyu sir, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice play sir, thank you for sharing. just one question though, highest price on Aug 1 was at 0.56. unless you can buy higher than that? please correct me if I'm wrong. thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha got my earth dates mixed up. i adjusted them now

      Delete
  4. congratulations Sir!
    very simple yet effective.

    Just wanna, ask lang Sir if
    1. how did you manage your trail stops?
    2. how many trail stops you set? because you said you sold MOST of your shares on .78 and .79 right?
    3. How much percentage of your shares you sold from each stops?
    4. what is your basis of setting it there? was it because .79 acted as support and turned into resistance by looking at 3minutes candle chart?

    Love to see successful people helping those in need, very inspiring, keep on RAKing Sir. God Bless Always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this i set a profit stop. Wanted to keep profits at a certain level. Shares were sold down after 80 was broken.

      Delete
  5. Congrats Sir and thank you sa pag share!
    Question lang po: Panu po pumasok sa watchlist nyu yung TBGI and what date po nakapasok sa watchlist ?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My explanation is in the blogpost. Read it again

      Delete
  6. thank you for sharing sir... may tanong lng ako sir, sana ok lng... paano sir kung hindi rin nag follow through ung adjusted plan nyo to buy on breakout of .60
    saan po ang adjusted cut nyo kung sakaling nag fail ulit sya gaya nung breakout sa .58?
    thank you ulit sir in advance....

    ReplyDelete