9.25.2017

TROPHY TRADE: PXP

Been getting a lot of PMs on how I spotted or traded this stock. 

Here are my answers in a condensed form. 


1. How do I you screen stocks? 

I answered this during the class with the Eternus batch. I usually group stocks into certain categories. Then I'll select the best ones.

This is my selection process: 


With that out of the way, I'll place that stock on my watchlist. Then I will stalk it until it shows me an optimal buy area. Usually on breakouts. 

2. Where did you buy?

This is the simplest explanation I can give without revealing the tribe's secrets. 

First buy was on the breakout here:


Second buy was somewhere here: 



3. Why did you hold?

My trade objective for this was to trend follow. So I just kept moving my stops up. 

My stop could either be the ff: 
- previous resistance that was broken
- breakdown of a box
- a set price

4. All in?

Yes. This is my trader profile and I know and accept all of the risks that could happen. If you can't take it then please DO NOT go all in. 

Lastly, the obligatory port snaps. This is the reason why this is a trophy trade for me. The gain that I got for this trade has been the biggest ever in monetary value in my whole trading career. 

As boss zee said, it might be time to level up. 



Wasn't able to take a snap of my other port. But all three of my ports had PXP. The last port reached only about 80+% up at the highest. 



Take note though, this port snapshot was taken at the end of 09/25. I was not able to sell at the highs. But that is alright with me. It is the risk I am willing to take since I am doing trend following. 

It's all about setting expectations. And with that I always remember this quote: 

"As long as you accept the fact that you will never be able to sell at the highs, you will be fine."

Again my eternal gratitude to my mentors, Zee and Kap. Along with all the other mentors who push me to be the best trader I can be. 

19 comments:

  1. Sir, ask lang po since this is a TF, how did you exit on the 26th? I usually have problems on exiting. And yun nga kanina imbes na gain, loss pa. Anong timeframe po tinitingnan ninyo when you exit for TF? And anong MA po ang signal ninyo para mag sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I exited because it hit my stops. I just checked the daily chart.
      If you already gained, you shouldn't allow yourself to get a loss.

      Capital preservation is the number one rule.

      Delete
  2. what's the reason of having multiple ports

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i used to have only 2 ports. One for TF trades the other for tsupits. I added another one recently to test the new broker features. Will be dropping one broker by end of the year.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much Sir Alpha for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing boss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir good day.. can I know po you SMA your using?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir alpha how do you sell your shares po sa taas pag sobrang dami nyong hawak? Paano po iseset sa col financial yun? Or per shares nyo po ba sya binebenta depende dun sa ask side. Di po ba mahirap yun hehe newbie question lng.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks po sa reply what do you mean po by sell down? Isesell ko ng mababa?

      Delete
    2. selldown = sell at any price lower than the current price. just need to get out fast

      Delete
  7. Thanks sir alphaa! :) stay humble

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another and last question sir are you an all in person sa trading personality nyo? I'm seeing one stocks sa protfolio nyo everytime. What is your average trade per month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do all in trades. But not all the time. I usually have only one or two stocks at a time since I like to focus on whatever I am holding. Not necessarily my whole port is there.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir Alpha correct me if I am wrong, you are playing on an BO play on this one as well most of your winning trades, can I ask a question if this is a system when executing BO like this one:

    1. The stock should have broken out from a 6 month resistance or more and is now on a higher high.
    2. RSI must be at 70 at daily and weekly.
    3. There must be an AOTS in daily chart.
    4. MA20 must be respected and should be a solid support , if breaks then exit is a must but can adjust to 50MA but if still broken exit is a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those are pretty good rules. just do backtesting or practice trades using those rules and see what the hitrate would be

      Delete
  11. Thank you sir Alpha! stay humble.

    ReplyDelete