10.23.2015

Cash as a position

Since the end of the course, I have realized that the amount of time that my position was in cash has been more than when I started the course. That is a difference of 4+ earth years as against about 2 months of informed trading. 

I credit this newfound respect for having a cash position to now having the patience and ability to wait for the perfect setups. The ones that will make the most amount of money in the least amount of time. My system has identified a couple of these setups and is already compiling a library for it. Being in a cash position has enabled me to act on these setups when they do mainfest. 

This is the exact opposite of how my previous versions was doing trades. My portfolio then was always holding stocks waiting for it to move up. Stocks like LC, BHI, ACR etc. Bodega moves as some would call it. Since I was already holding these stocks, if there was any other stock that made a big move within the day or week, I could just do nothing but stare and say what could have been or if only I had some cash. 

'Nganga' mode engaged

I am perfectly sure most traders out there have experienced that situation. Always thinking what if a trade was executed when it was going up. Or reached a certain level. Then it goes up again. Oh, so many possibilities! So much lost potential. Of course, the opposite is true. If a wrong decision was made, the appropriate cutloss action should also kick in. 

Another benefit of being in cash is your port will not be affected during red or bloody days when the big bad bear shows it's ugly face. You can just watch and sit still. Safe from the carnage. 

The power and flexibility of having cash could be likened to boxing. In the words of one of your early earth athletes:



This is how I view my portfolio right now. Always floating, waiting for the seemingly perfect or right setups. Then having the ability to strike with precision or going for the knockout blow. And that has made a world of difference. 

4 comments:

  1. End of a great blog again, THANK YOU Mr. Robot! :)

    (actually read your entire blog - word for word after reading Master ZF's blog.hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your insights sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never realized this... Thank you...

    ReplyDelete