9.10.2018

Focus on what is important


Some people question me why I choose to be a hands on parent to the little robot. Why not get a driver to pick her up at school? Get someone to look after her during the day time? So I can focus more of my time on trading.

I don't subscribe to that line of thinking. 

I admit, sometimes there is a twinge of regret when I can't execute during the times that I pick her up in the afternoon. But the feeling always disappear whenever we play our little games during her dismissal time. I would pretend to not see her coming out of class and always be surprised that she's already right beside me. Or we would play a game of chicken to see which one could spot the other first. Of course, I let her win all the time, because that's what parents do. The smiles that she gives me every time I pick her up always brighten up my day. 

Once she asked me what I do for work. I stopped cold in my tracks. How do you explain trading to a 7 year old? I mean, seriously, how would you do that? It's not glamorous or easy to explain unlike a chef, fireman, policeman or an astronaut. So I showed her my screen, with the orders and all. Opened up some charts and told her that they help me decide what to buy and sell.

White is good. Black is bad. W
e want white bars so we can sell it higher. 

I showed her some charts (funny line drawings she said) and told her about the movement of a stock.

With an extremely puzzled face, she stared at me then said OK daddy and left. Had a pretty good feeling that she didn't understand a word I said. 

After about a week, she gave me a drawing and said that this was her dream. She was sleeping in her room and there was a something about a kitty trapped in a heart or whatever and she saw some words on the wall. I kid you not, BID and ASK! 

BIDS and ASK!!!!!



Looks like there is a future for the little robot.

So to all those who are asking, I love my situation. I get to spend time with the two most important people in my life and even hit my year end milestones during the first half of the year. Even if I didn't trade until 2019 I would still be alright. I just made new ones to challenge myself more. The only reason I am still trading is because at this point in time it's already an addiction. To see how far I can push the envelope so to speak. I've even expanded my horizons and trying different markets.

Once you get past a certain amount in your income, not much will change any way. Having five million or ten won't matter. What matters most is how you live your life. Is it free of worries? Are you able to spend it with the people who matter the most? Are you able to make a difference in the world? That to me is the most important thing. 




16 comments:

  1. Awesome post! :) Mukhang may JR Trader na from the Resident Robot's family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so .......awww.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red days for me,
    I just need blogs like this...

    I’m speechless... “bid ask bid ask.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. need more blogs like these, keep them coming...may puso....was speechless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring po nito Surr!!! Your Little KIDDOO is so smart & funny!!!Keep it up Surr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for continuing to inspire us sir. Salamat din at nako-continue nyo parin blog nyo sir, followed you since late 2016, sir zeefreaks blog also and your other tribe members blog. sad to say, others have stopped posting, but still thanks to you all for sharing your journey. More power!... -dgreatone

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for inspiring me...as always! God Bless Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nakakaiyak �� . Nakakainspire �� . Nakakaexcite �� ��‍��‍��
    Thank you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspiring as always! you can lose money and get it back soon after a good trade, but losing quality time with your family is a loss you can't replace. thank you idol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This. is. the. life. that. I. WANT!!!!! I want to spend most of my time with my daughter and wife! I love this post and it is very inspuring! I hope that someday, I will be able to live like this. but for now, I am still learning how to trade.

    ReplyDelete